Our originated plans looked a little something like this :
- Purchase new appliances
Yep that was it! Looks promising and easy, huh? Not quite so!
Well 3 mths. later we are still here and our kitchen looks a little something like this, please excuse the lousy lighting. I really need to invest in a good camera.
So let's go over on what has changed - Where do I begin? Let's start here:
- Used Rustoleum Cabinet Transformations then quickly realized maybe it wasn't the best solution, at that point we had only done our center island.
- Instead we opted to buy new espresso cabinets doors and install them ourselves again this in only the island need I mention they are still tucked and boxed up in the corner.
- Made a not so easy decision on to replace our kitchen cabinets or save money and paint them ourselves. The most logical and smartest thing to do was to keep them and so we did.
- Our diy version consisted of priming, spray painting the rest of our cherry cabinets yep I said cherry before I get some serious backlash on why I would want to paint over cherry cabinets a simple answer would be "cause we didn't like them" there I said it.
What still needs to be done is:
- Over the refrigerator cabinet
- Add a couple of painted doors
- Add the rest of the door knobies which they just arrived
- Tile our backsplash
- And lastly repaint our kitchen walls
Can I get a pat on the back cause this girl needs some serious energy and motivation to keep going! But on a good note Matt and I have surpassed the most challenging parts of this revamp.
Have a safe and wonderful weekend!